The West End Development Corporation is seeking 3 Seasonal Transportation Coordinators. The successful candidate will work under the direction of the Facilities Manager.
Transportation Coordinating Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Assist with coordinating and organizing ground and seaborne transportation services at the Cruise ship terminals and the Ground Transportation Area (GTA) in Dockyard.
- Liaise with the departments of Public Transport, Marine & Ports, TCD and external agencies (including shipping agents) to ensure efficient daily transportation operations are provided.
- Liaise with the respective dispatching companies to get taxis/minibuses etc., organized for availability at the respective ports of entry.
- Respond to inquiries and request for information; recommends resolutions to transportation service issues and concerns.
- Participates in development and implementation of policies and procedures relating to public transportation and alternative forms of transportation.
- Represent WEDCo on transportation matters.
- Document issues, problems or disputes that may arise amongst transportation service providers.
Interested Persons should possess the following:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in Hospitality and Transporation Industry with 1 year in a Management capacity.
- CTA Trained.
- Ability to make decisions and work under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong work ethic and Sound experience in conflict resolution.
As this is a Contract position; any and all taxes (i.e. Health Insurance, Social Insurance, Payroll Taxes, and Pension Contributions) shall be paid by the Contractor.
Interested applicants should apply in writing with cover letter, resume, references and proof of payment to the Accountant General no later than 22nd February 2016 marked “Private & Confidential” to Mrs. Carmen Tucker, Facilities Manager, The West End Development Corporation, P.O. Box MA 415, Mangrove Bay, Sandy’s MA BX, Bermuda or email: or fax: 234-3411